Glass Hot Cut Operator
Position: Glass Cut Operator
A Client of ours near Vineland, NJ is looking for a Glass Hot-Cut Operator to perform glass cutting and indent operations using glass tubing for laboratory glassware to external customer and internal company prints and specifications
Responsibilities of the Glass Cut Operator:
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications that are written in English
- Use a variety of measuring instruments to ensure parts meet quality levels
- Quickly learn and demonstrate the ability to perform routine set ups on crack off machines
- Demonstrate the ability to perform initial lathe operation activities (i.e., indent work)
- Demonstrate the ability to comprehend and diligently follow work instructions, work orders, and process sheets
- Assist the Area Lead in managing the supply of replacement parts
- Observe all precautions, rules and regulations related to environmental, health and safety matters (i.e., PPE, properly deposing of wastes, etc.)
- Maintain quality and production standards
- Understand and follow Bills of Materials and process routers
Requirements of the Glass Cut Operator:
- Knowledge of specialty glass forming processes a plus
- Prior experience working in a team oriented environment.
- 2-5 years of glass experience.
- Appropriate hand and eye coordination.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to read and speak English.