Environmental Engineer lll
Environmental Engineer III
The person hired for this opportunity will provide consulting sales and support services for wood products, industrial, manufacturing, and municipal clients on all aspects of environmental regulatory compliance. Typical projects focus on planning, permitting and auditing with respect to RCRA, the Clean Air Act, EPCRA, SPCC, DOT, the Clean Water Act, including storm water issues, and environmental due diligence. This person will work directly with clients, along with other Evergreen Engineering environmental services support staff. Responsibilities will include site inspections, data collection and evaluations, report generation, lead generation, proposal development, and budget management.
Responsibilities of the Environmental Engineer
- Working within the manufacturing, industrial, and institutional areas, site inspection and permitting, SPCC, air regulation and permitting, and other relevant assessments
- Permitting and report writing (i.e. air permits, SWPPP, SPCC, compliance audits, due diligence) standalone and multi discipline project customers
- Project Management and Client Support functions require the candidate to be very detail oriented, have excellent organizational skills, be deadline driven and have thorough follow-up traits
- Working in dedicated and cross-functional teams.
Requirements of the Environmental Engineer
- BS degree or higher in Chemical, Civil, or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or a closely related field with knowledge of federal and state environmental regulations.
- Candidates should have three to five years of directly related work experience, with “hands on" consulting experience preferred.
- Applicants should have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and strong proficiency using Word and Excel and other MS Office applications for data analysis, presentations and reporting.
- Candidate must demonstrate a proven track record of being able to work both independently on small specific assignments, and as part of a large team on multidisciplinary projects.
- Manufacturing and/or industrial sector experience a plus