Manufacturing Engineer I
Our client in the Boulder, CO are has an immediate need for a Manufacturing Engineer I. The Manufacturing Engineer I supports the
successful development, implementation, and improvement of manufacturing
processes, to produce components and assemblies that meet customer's requirements. Under the direction of the Quality Manager, and in cooperation
with operations and engineering personnel, develops the necessary
documentation, fixtures, tooling, and secondary process steps for the
successful implementation, execution, and improvement of full scale
Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer I include:
- Responsible for understanding the Quality Management System (QMS). Effectively maintains quality system.
- Knows and follows all safety requirements.
- Under the direction of a Manager or experienced engineer, develops manufacturing processes for new products, and improves processes for existing products.
- Uses templates and guidance from managers and experienced quality engineers to develop process and quality documentation for the fabrication of new products.
- Designs and drafts fixtures for work-holding, inspection, and assembly to improve robustness of quality controls for existing products.
- Works with machine programmers to identify process improvements needed to fabricate production parts.
- Supports the validation of processes to customer's requirements through the coordination and execution of supplier change requests.
- Supports the continued successful manufacturing of products after release to the production floor.
- Assists in the review and root cause analysis of product defects, and coordinates corrections.
- Supports the analysis of production flow, equipment utilization, waste reduction (5 S), and efficiencies through the application of fundamental Lean manufacturing techniques.
- Researches and recommends equipment and technology to support cellular manufacturing.
- Identify and execute opportunities for improvement in production work flow.
- Follows the procedures and guidelines in the Quality Management System.
- Provides task status and development updates to supervisors.
Requirements of the Manufacturing Engineer I:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 2-5+ years of manufacturing experience.
- Working knowledge of EN ISO 13485 preferred.
- Fundamental machining skills, including familiarity with CNC machine tools.
- Ability to read and create detailed part drawings with GD&T.
- Proficient with SolidWorks and familiarity with PDM tools.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Good communication skills across a variety of media – verbal, written, presentation.
- Good organizational skills.
- Fundamental understanding of statistics and process control.
- Fundamental understanding of the product development process
- Fundamental understanding of the QMS.
Goals of the Manufacturing Engineer I:
- On-time completion of development projects
- Successful launch of new products through ramp-up to full-scale production
- Successful execution of cost savings projects (leading to at least 5% year-over-year savings)