Tool & Die Maker
Our client in the Nashua, NH area has an immediate need for a Tool & Die Maker. The Tool & Die Maker designs, machines, fits, assembles and finishes metal alloys to make and repair various types of tools, jigs, fixtures, punches, molds, gauges and types of intricate and complicated dies (sectional, progressive, compound ground, combinations blanking, piercing and forming, drawing and similar dies) to closest tolerances.Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Tool & Die Maker:
- Studies blueprints of die and product, die models, templates, and prototype parts and visualizes shape, mechanical structure, and operation of die.
- Computes dimensions, plans machining, layout and assembly operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, milling machines, drill press and grinder.
- Manufacture parts to specifications and verifies conformance of machine parts to specifications.
- Verifies dimensions, clearances and alignment of members and parts in die.
- Dowels and bolts parts together.
- Fits and assembles cam operated mechanisms for lateral movements of die.
- Connects wiring and hydraulic lines to install electric and hydraulic components.
- Smooths flat and contoured surfaces and fits parts to each other.
- Dismantles die and repairs or replaces parts.
- Ensures quality of parts before forwarding them to the next operation.
- Works to tolerances as close as 0.0005 inch.