We are currently seeking a Production Manager for a role in Conyers, GA. The Production Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing the production operations of 100 person, 2 shift, thermoforming operation. All applicants must have previous experience managing over 75 employees and must have a Bachelors Degree.
Responsibilities of the Production Manager:
- Ensure the safety of all employees; lead a comprehensive safety program to prevent injuries. Comply with all federal, state, and local environmental and safety regulations (EPA, OSHA, etc.).
- Develop subordinates through education, training, and teamwork.
- Assist in preparation of annual plant operating budget. Meet or exceed plant productivity, cost, or other performance metric expectations as outlined by plant manager
- Hire, train, direct and mentor staff and all plant employees with diverse language, cultural and educational background.
- Lead plant in continuous improvement initiatives, such as 5S with safety, 6 Sigma, Kaizen events, and lean manufacturing
- Coordinate production scheduling to meet customer demands, to manage overtime, to minimize inventory, and to reduce costs.
- Support quality initiatives to ensure product meets or exceeds customer expectations. Ensure employees complete required quality checks and audits.
- Build and maintain productive employee relationships, driving employee satisfaction. Provide direction, training, and development as needed. Provide coaching, counseling, or discipline as needed. Recommend disciplinary action to plant manager, and review disciplinary action by supervisors for effectiveness and consistency. Work with HR to address employee concerns and issues.
- Identify, propose, and implement capital projects to improve operational performance.
Requirements of the Production Manager:
- BS in a technical field, business management/administration, industrial engineering or industrial technology desired.
- 3+ years in Production Management of 75+ employees
- Demonstration of positive results in productive labor standards and work measurements with strong customer service skills, essential.
- The skills in management, labor relations, and communication are essential to this role.
- Working knowledge/experience in manufacturing processes, supply chain management, safety, OSHA, quality and lean manufacturing, necessary.
- Previous responsibility in P & L budgeting helpful
- Proficiency in MIS/MS office & site appropriate computer application programs, required.
- Supervisory experience/training, necessary.
- Experience with Thermoforming process or manufacture of polypropylene products.