Our premier client out of Westboro, MA is in search of a Production Manager to join their team. Columbia Tech, a Coghlin Company, is a fast growing, contract manufacturing organization with endless opportunities. They are looking for a Production Manager to provide overall managerial, day-to-day leadership and direction to the manufacturing operations. This individual will also formulate and execute strategies to maximize capital, material, and human resource utilization in attaining production objectives and best-in-class quality, within established cost parameters. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity.
Responsibilities of Production Manager:
- Ensure that safe manufacturing techniques and tools are being utilized.
- Ensure that associates have proper training to perform their roles safely while they adhere to outlined safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely resolution of any unsafe practices or conditions.
- Implement and lead Lean manufacturing strategies to continuously reduce costs, inventory, and lead-times while improving product quality and process efficiency.
- Establish and enforce procedures to eliminate waste and sustain Lean initiatives
- Champion 6S implementation, maintenance and associate participation.
- Encourage associates to provide ideas for continuous improvement
- Identify those requirements which would affect quality and ensure the necessary guidelines are documented in procedures, work instructions, and training plans.
- Identify, report, and propose resolutions to any quality problems or discrepancies.
- Collaborating with the Quality team, ensuring all direct reports associates have been trained properly and have appropriate training records on file.
- Ensure all written work instructions are followed accurately and compliantly.
- Perform capacity planning to determine staffing levels required to meet production schedules
- Responsible for all aspects of assembly and test staffing, including hiring, training, and performance management.
- Use analytical skills to assess department needs and develop short and long-term strategies for improvement.
- Utilize appropriate strategic and tactical planning and communication techniques to ensure all associates are clear on daily and weekly production goals and expectations.
- Expand and develop the skills of the production department associates through cross training and other methodologies to increase their capabilities
- Utilize ERP for various material analyses, production planning activities, and work order issuance.
- Communicate directly and effectively with customers and suppliers as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an operations or engineering discipline. Five Years minimum in a Manufacturing Management position overseeing medium volume electro-mechanical assembly
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively under pressure in a high paced work environment
- Positive attitude, excellent communications skills, self-motivator, tenacious follow up, and superior organization skills.
- Superior customer (internal and external) service attitude
- Demonstrated ability to manage, coach, lead and inspire caring associates
- Operations management software (ERP/MRP/MES/WMS) experience preferred.
- Recognized as a leader who is decisive, has strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize multiple functions to meet required deadlines and delight customers.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English.
- Ability to read and understand detailed instructions, manufacturing procedures, and drawings.
- Knowledge of medium volume electro-mechanical assembly and test methods.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- A demonstrated commitment to company values.
Location: Westboro, MA