Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Job Title: Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Swedesboro, NJ
Pay Rate: $25-30 an hour based upon experience
Hours: 8:30am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday, with some overnight travel required
Description The purpose of this role is to perform mechanical repairs, preventive and predictive maintenance, rebuilds on existing industrial plant manufacturing equipment, such as centrifuges, decanters, conical mixers & dryers, Filter-Dryers, etc. in both our workshop and at customer sites. This position will require various amounts of overnight travel to travel to customers.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, inspect and service mechanical equipment.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove/replace defective part(s).
- Examines dimensional tolerances of parts to detect imperfections/defects.
- Start devices to test their performance.
- Performs repairs or rebuilds from drawings or instructions.
- Follows safety regulations and procedures for electrical and mechanical work.
- Splices and joins conductors including preparation of conductors; makes various types of joints by soldering, taping, and solderless connectors.
- Installs wiring systems per wiring drawings.
- Tests and troubleshoots systems including open circuits, shorts and grounds. Uses test lamp, voltage tester, and clamp ammeter. Locating and replacing defective fuses.
- Follows procedures for working on energized circuits.
- Cleans, inspects, repairs and/or replaces components, and properly reassembles equipment.
- Plan prepare and layout work from blueprints, sketches, drawings, instruction manuals, verbal and written instructions including establishing sequence of operations, estimating materials required, and making necessary calculations.
- Perform manual operations such as burning and grinding, sweating and tinning bearings, surface preparation for welding, cutting material, soldering, pipe and sheet bending.
- Participate in corrective actions regarding customer complaints/non-conformance as necessary
- Direct customers provided support personnel.
- Travel as required to customer sites to perform work.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Technical school diploma or certification
- Valid Driver’s License and Passport.
- Ability to effectively work as a member of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are required.
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve issues in the most positive fashion for all parties concerned.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of and skills to read mechanical, electrical, blueprints/drawings and designs.
- Computer skills required (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.).
- Excellent customer service skills, have a firm understanding that the customer is top priority.