Web-Mobile Software Engineer
The React Software Engineer will be focused on testable design and implementation of software in a) ReactJS that integrates with a Python/Django backend or a C# ASP.NET backend that works across multiple browsers and b) React Native that creates portable Android apps. The engineer will participate in reviews of their designs and others’ designs, and in code reviews using pull requests. Additionally, the engineer will be writing limited code in other languages, including Python, C#, SQL, and Java. Creative candidates who want to make an immediate impact will thrive in this environment.
Additionally, the candidate must be eager to learn new technologies and stay on top of the latest trends. The candidate will work on a team developing new code bases that are heavily object-oriented, extensible, and maintainable. Therefore, the candidate must have a tacit understanding of design patterns and anti-patterns; polymorphism and encapsulation; high cohesion and low coupling; and the different strengths and weakness of various programming languages.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED or the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
• Expertise in ReactJS or React Native
• Expertise in ES2015
• Experience with version control systems Git and Subversion
• Experience with Agile development (Scrum or Kanban)
• BS or MS (preferred) in computer science or equivalent degree, or significant professional experience
• Familiarity with Python is a plus
• Familiarity with Django is a plus
• Familiarity with relational databases is a plus
• Familiarity with ASP.NET MVC is a plus