IT Support TechnicianMinneapolis, MN
E-Commerce EDI SpecialistSeabrook, NJ
Principal Software EngineerBedford, MA
Manufacturing Test - Quality Assurance EngineerAndover, MA
Android Software DeveloperSalem, NH
Embedded Firmware EngineerSalem, NH
Software EngineerAyer, MA
IT AdministratorBoston, MA
Embedded Software EngineerWakefield, MA
IT Support Technician
The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a leader in the tele-communications industry by securring an IT Support Technician to join their team. This is a tremendous opportunity to join an incredible organization.
Key Responsibilities of IT Support Technician:
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Answer to and perform transfers, additions, and change requests as they are submitted by members of management.
- Ensure that physical desktop connections are in proper working order.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
- Procure computer supplies as requested by IT management.
- Perform other duties as needed/assigned
Education of IT Support Technician:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or equivalent work experience.
- Possess Microsoft Support Certifications
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Microsoft technologies.