Are you in the market for a new Contracts Specialist role that will elevate your career? Our client in the Indianapolis area needs a talented, experienced Contracts Specialist to join their team! This is a long term, contract to hire role.
Provides effective legal counsel or support in legal activities. Counsel activities include training, negotiations, litigation, reviews, as well as the creation and maintenance of legal housekeeping processes, and the management of outside counsel. Requires Juris Doctor degree (or local country equivalent), admittance to local legal body (e.g., state bar or country bar) or a paralegal certificate. Handle the entire contract process and serve as the primary resource to the Company on all contractual matters
- Evaluating and improving current contractual process
- Crafting and streamlining standard work
- Sustaining implemented process across the organization
- Engage with external customers and suppliers regarding contract terms
- Maintain library of forms and resource
- Act as liaison between internal teams and external parties to capture specifications and terms of agreements vital for contract drafting and negotiations
- Ensure timely review and approval or reconciliation of various contract matters, including contracts such as Confidentiality Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements and Sales Agreements, as well as maintaining all contract templates and updating accordingly
- Independently review and edit agreements to meet the contractual requirements established by the Company
- Have expanded conceptual and practical knowledge of contract review process, meaning of terms and clauses, and acceptable level of risk for the company
- Solve problems related to legal requests and contract review; provides solutions using prior experience and precedent, and own judgment
- Analyze, advise, and provide solutions to the sales and service teams on contract terms
- Apply innovative problem solving skills and judgment to assist in running corporate risk.
- Works within the guidelines and policies, as well as identifies and recommends process improvements
- Able to explain sophisticated information related to contract review process to others in straightforward situations
- Train new junior members, Legal, sales and service partners on contract review standard work, applicable processes.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 or more years of meaningful experience
- Experience leading projects or equivalent
- Has demonstrated experience to identify and optimally seek problems using available facts and data
- Has proven experience with identifying gaps in processes, process improvement, and crafting standard work
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.