looking for a project assistant to manage highly accurate reporting of phase gate development in a rapidly growing area of the company. This is an exciting position on a team building world-class connected rider solutions. Interest in powersports is a plus, as there are many opportunities to ride! The primary responsibility of the project assistant is to track financials for key programs, assist in quality tracking of products, and report status to key stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Establish and Track key programs for Quality and/or Supply Improvement, for engineering release.
- Work with technical team on BOM management and tracking.
- Develop and Track BOM cost before migrating into release system on new or planned change programs.
- Develop and track quality improvement initiatives as assigned.
- Support forecasting and budgeting activities; coordinating the necessary historical data required.
- Improve collection and automation of existing consolidation tools and reporting.
- Support development and publishing of reports as assigned.
- Assist with coordination of Engineering Documentation, including Polaris Development Process (PDP)
- Lead team meetings such as Change Control Board, Build Readiness, and others as assigned.
- Manage BOM cost tracking and cost reduction activities – financial planning / tracking at project and department level.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Associates degree in Business, Technical, or equivalent; Bachelors degree preferred.
- A high level of knowledge of PC applications is required. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, experienced in Powerpoint, Showcase, Access, Word, Outlook, Windchill, Oracle and Powerlink as well.
- 5+ years of finance experience is preferred, cost accounting experience a plus. At minimum, financial experience in business case development, simple payback analysis, and cost tracking management.
- 3+ years working in a product development environment desired
- Experience with AS400, Mapics, BOM management, Power BI a plus.
- New product development phase processes a plus.
- Highly motivated, organized, self-starter
- Strong collaboration skills across entire department.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Strong facilitation skills.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.