Do you have Human Resource experience and are looking for a great new opportunity? A local medical distribution company is looking to add a Human Resources Generalist to their team! This is a full-time temp to hire position.
Human Resources Generalist
- Supports and coordinates site HR department functions. Provides effective human resources guidance and support in staffing, performance management, employee relations, orientation, policy/procedure interpretation, and recognition.
- Maintains HR system/record integrity. Provide administrative support for HR Processes.
- Coordinate talent acquisition processes.
- Coordinates/Conducts New Employee Orientation processes/program.
- Performs various administrative functions. Maintains HR systems/data bases, records and postings ensuring compliance and integrity.
- Assists with Performance management and Employee relations (policy/procedure interpretation)
- Provide audit support as required by the organization. Responsible for implementation, monitoring, and management of Labour Standards Assurance
- Responsible for coordinating and maintaining the contingent workforce processes.
- Works with temporary agency representative in placement and separation processes. Enters and tracks on a database all contingent workers on site.
- Coordinates temp to perm placements and processes in VE. Coordinates background checks and drug screenings. Maintains job requisition files.
- Assists managers with job description and requisition processes. Enters appropriate information into the online requisition approval system and Oacle Req and Vacancy.
- Completes PAs and manages onboarding processes and communication.
- Prepares PAs and communication for employee changes.
- Attends job fairs, as needed.
- Assist with AA plan as needed.
- Coordinates relocation program/process/payments.
- Coordinates and promotes of Global Employee Recognition Programs.
- Coordinates nominations, works with Site Coordinator to determine recipients, recommends and purchases awards.
- Runs reports and communicates to HRSC as needed. Maintains system records for awards.
- Coordinates New Employee Orientation and on-boarding processes. Communicates with key stakeholders.
- Conducts first day orientation for new employees; ensures new hire paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintains NEO packets. Makes recommendations for improvements.
- Responsible for the completion of I-9s and submission to the HRSC.
- Coordinates and monitors signed job descriptions and other required forms for personnel files. (hires/transfers)
- Processes department's invoices and expenses.
- Orders/maintains necessary supplies, forms, etc. Maintains necessary tracking systems and sends reminders.
- Maintains y drive folders for record retention.
- Greets visitors/stakeholders to the department, assists with their requests and/or refers to appropriate staff member.
- Prepares and distributes site communications as needed.
- Responsible for HR postings including employment mandated posters.
- Runs reports as needed. Prepares reports for site meetings (Quality, facilities, monthly HR report, etc.)
- Maintains approved contingent worker and approved vendor contracts, manager email distribution list, organizational Charts.
- Responsible for the integrity and maintenance for HR systems (Pathfinder, Oracle, Globalview, etc.)
- Coordinates job descriptions, titling, and grade process. Enters job descriptions into Pathfinder Database for approval and grading. Requests title creation. Maintains job descriptions in site folder.
- Monitors ethics training reports and maintains compliance.
- Initiates appropriate paperwork for system changes (titles, supervisor, promotions, salary, etc.)
- Timecard approver for certain situations (leaves, outstanding, etc.)
- Assembles and maintains personnel files and records. Responsible for record retention.
- Coaches managers on policy/procedure interpretation.
- Conducts internal investigations, as needed. Coaches and assists managers with Performance Improvement plans.
- Coordinates Handbook updates/roll outs.
- Coordinates reasonable suspicion/post-accident drug screening processes.
- Distributes Amex warnings as needed.
- Drafts separation/severance letters and agreements and prepares packets for separating employees. Coordinates severance process.
- Receives work direction from HR management staff. Direction generally covers a significant block of work (several days) and may be stated in terms of general goals or objectives.
- Scientific University Degree (BS degree) required
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field with 5 -7 years of experience supporting HR-related processes/programs of which 2 years were in a HR generalist role (employee relations, performance management, etc.) Or equivalent experience.
- Current knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations.
- Strong background in HRIS and Microsoft Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Education requirements can be obtained through an educational institution or gained through equivalent work experience. ABILITIES:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to interpret HR policies and programs and communicate them clearly and professionally.
- Ability to coach and consult with employees and managers at all levels of the organization.
- Generalized knowledge of all HR departmental functions, HR policies, procedures, record keeping requirements and HR Database utilization.
- Detail orientation with an awareness of accuracy and payroll entry integration and timing issues.
- Ability to work with highly confidential data in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information and situations with tact, courtesy, and confidentiality.
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.