Do you have previous experience in category and supplier relationship management? Are you Excel and systems savvy? Then this might be the opportunity for you! A fast-growing powersports company in the northern Twin Cities metro has an immediate opening on their team for a contract-to-hire Sourcing Specialist. This is a remote opportunity to start but you must be local to Minnesota.
Job Summary of the Sourcing Specialist:
As a Sourcing Specialist I, you will manage the supply base to ensure all suppliers meet our four priorities: Delivery, Quality, New Product Integration, and Cost Competitiveness. Working with the commodity team, you will execute according to an established commodity strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Sourcing Specialist:
- Conduct business within established supplier relationships.
- Identify and communicate internally any supplier concerns or opportunities. Support cost recovery initiatives.
- Support problem resolution discussions with suppliers and ensure the adequacy and timeliness of supplier correction action plans.
- Enter cost changes, assign selected suppliers, and support sourcing projects.
- Prepare and solicit requests for quotes and proposals based on the defined commodity strategy.
- Coordinate and communicate new component releases and design changes with suppliers.
- Provide research and input in order for the commodity leader can assess supplier capability and fit.
- Ensure tooling is appropriate based on cost and quality requirements. Negotiate tooling cost with global suppliers.
Sourcing Priority Management:
- Maintain current costing and communicate cost opportunities when identified. Work with suppliers to resolve price and invoice discrepancies.
- Support supplier quality function in determining root cause, necessary containment and counter measure activities for quality related issues.
- Monitor and drive supplier performance for assigned categories to ensure suppliers are meeting Polaris requirements for quality and delivery.
- Help support part shortages and delivery issues when necessary.
- Support supplier lead-times and production capacity improvement initiatives to ensure schedule flexibility, as needed.
Education & Experience of the Sourcing Specialist:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or technical area
- APICS CPIM and/or ISM C.P.M./A.P.P. desired.
- Previous materials/purchasing experience is a plus but is not required.
- Effective negotiation, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication within team and cross-functionally.
- Highly organized and effective in managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to professionally represent Polaris by developing productive working relationships with suppliers.
- Capable of reading and interpreting engineering documentation and technical data.
- Fundamental knowledge of MAPICS MRP and web-based business systems desired.
- Experienced in presentation abilities, including PowerPoint development. Expected to present to smaller audiences on occasion.
- Knowledge of Project Management tools and ability to assist in tasks assigned by Project Managers.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.