Are you in the market for a new Electronic Engineer role that will elevate your career? Our client in the SW metro area needs a talented, experienced Electronic Engineer to join their team! This is a long term, contract to hire role.
The Electronic Engineer defines and evaluates board and cable designs for system modules and components of multi-functional systems. This position will have a focus of developing electronic systems that may include low level motion controllers, sensor interfaces and data acquisition, and system test bed utilities for electro-mechanical systems. The resulting systems shall support system breadboard and prototype efforts through product verification, validation and release. The incumbent designs circuit boards and sub-systems of limited to moderate scope using CAD/CAE tools; plans and conducts tests to verify theoretical analysis; performs empirical analysis, interpreting and evaluating experimental data to formulate conclusions
- Develop and define scope of design changes needed to drive conceptual supplier transitions into captured cost savings projects.
- Identify and fill the project cost savings funnel for the Electromechanical Commodity
- Modify or re-create design documentation to ensure future transitions can launch with little impact around processes/procedures and all other applicable prints that would inhibit a new supplier to not quote a project or delay the timeline for savings.
- Utilize knowledge of electronics/systems, valves, pumps, motors, linear motion, optics and etc.
- Review plans with internal/external subject matter expertise to validate strategic plans as needed.
- Manage and coordinate implementation of new supplier First Article units thru closure and delivery of approved design change documentation (Design change plans, design inputs/outputs, verification strategies and protocols, Design Reviews, Engineering Drawings and specifications, and Change Orders.)
- Manage overall project planning and schedules tied to technical deliverables, provide technical coordination and communication with suppliers, POD team, and operations to insure transfer of design into manufacturing and supply chain. End of Life/Component Engineering Support
- Responsible for completing all like-for-like replacement components or designing out all end of life components related to the electronic/electromechanical commodity prior to impacting the production lines.
- Supporting new product development to guide and assist in working with the new strategic suppliers within the commodity.
- BSEE/EET degree with a minimum 4 years’ experience in a product engineering support or design/development engineering role in the following areas - High Speed Motors and Control Systems, Magnetic/Optical Sensors, PC/Microprocessor Control Technology/Systems, LCD/LED Display Systems, Refrigeration Control Systems/Technology, High Voltage/Current AC/DC Power Supply Technology.
- Experience with complex electro/mechanical instruments not just circuit board or sub-systems preferred.
- Experience with project leadership in managing design change activity, executing DFMEA analysis, developing DOE’s, developing and executing supporting test verification protocols, leading technical reviews activity, and coordination with procurement and suppliers
- Experience in dealing with design changes in a structured design control/change environment for medical devices preferred
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.