Great opportunity for an Engineer Technician I to join this top medical device company, to be part of their new product growth team. The Engineer Technician I position will be part of developing parts for the medical industry based in Plymouth, MN. Get in on the ground floor of this new team/department with this long-term contract job.
- Performs technical work requiring competency in electrical testing.
- Conducts work requiring judgment in the evaluations, selection and the adaptation of standard techniques, procedures and criteria; devises new approaches to problems as encountered.
- Performs technical work requiring limited independent evaluation, selection and application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria within electrical engineering.
- Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement.
This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site). Supports and maintains 6S initiative in the lab areas.
- Supports product development/transition into production efforts.
- Collects troubleshooting data and supports analysis; prepares reports on findings and recommendations.
- Contributes to writing, and maintaining documents related to development SOP’s and procedures in a limited manner.
- Provides assistance to engineers with writing DVT’s engineering report, engineering investigations, WICO‘s and DR’s.
- Participates in Smiths Medical facilitated training and development programs designed to increase knowledge in issues related to medical device development, such as GMP, Quality Systems, 6S, Lean, etc.
- Complies records an data associated with electrical engineering to include drawings/schematics, validation/capability testing etc.
- Develops tests and/or validates development tools of basic complexity.
- Compiles metrics and engineering data including validation testing output, etc.
- Maintains communications within department in support of electrical engineering, such as team meetings.
- May participate and contribute to some entry level decision-making process of very limited impact to overall project.
- Sets up, operates and adjusts standard equipment and records appropriate information.
- Conducts various electrical engineer technical tasks of basic scope or degree of difficulty, under limited supervision from the direct supervisor or a member of the engineering staff.
- Contributes to test protocol development, performs test protocols and records appropriate information.
- Tasks may require minor adaption/re -design efforts. Ensures safety procedures are observed
Two-year Vo-Tech Certificate in electronics or related technical field and four or more years progressive experience as an engineering technician in a electrical engineering or testing organization; High School diploma or equivalent and nine years progressive experience as an engineering technician in a related position within a manufacturing or testing organization also meets minimum requirements. This is the first -step position along the engineering technician career path. To qualify for internal promotion, the most recent annual performance appraisal as an Engineering Technician III must be at "Exceeds Position Requirements" level, or above.
- Ability to assist in the design of small fixtures, testers, and assembly aids for production.
- Demonstrated verbal communication skills.
- Uses some judgment to make minor adaptations and modifications to conventional techniques.
- Ability to produce good verbal and written communication.
- Ability to read electrical schematics, and mechanical drawings.
- Possesses and applies a knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures in electrical technology in order to complete assignments of some difficulty.
- Knowledge is evidenced by past job progression/performance.
- Ability to assist in projects of basic scope and impact or portion of a major project.
- Uses judgement in the planning, scheduling and coordinating of project phases and resources, as well as the selection of techniques and criteria.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Education requirements can be obtained through an educational institution or gained through equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of QSSOPs, GMP/FDA/ISO 9001, etc., principles and ability to integrate into software engineering discipline.
- Knowledge and skill in engineering record keeping procedures and methods, with the ability to master Smiths Medical internal procedures and methods.
- Some basic technical drawing/drafting skill.
- Knowledge of basic mechanical and electrical theory related to medical devices and practice is preferred.
- Certified IPC specialist (CIS) that meets the IPC-A610 Standard for Acceptance Criteria for Printed Circuit Board Assemblies preferred.
- Key Internal and External Relationships: Interfaces within departments, primarily engineering units---- no customer or general public contact Impact and Scope: Due to limited supervisory oversight, errors in judgment may cause loss in terms of project delays, resources, etc. However, the checks and balances built into the engineering processes and procedures should identify problems within a reasonable time frame.
- Has full access to proprietary information on projects, designs, and processes.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.