The Davis Companies is working with an outdoor equipment manufacturer north of Saint Paul that is looking for an Firmware Engineer to join a growing team.
Looking for a software engineer with experience in the firmware engineering challenges found in delivering in-vehicle embedded products. This is an exciting position on a team building world-class IVI and gauges for power sports vehicles. As a technical contributor on the team, you will have the ability and empowerment to make changes and move quickly. The ideal candidate is effective in a fast-paced Agile development environment, pushing industry best practices and system maturity. Interest in powersports is a plus, as there are many opportunities to ride!
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical engineering or related field and 5 years of relevant experience, or MS in a related field and 2-years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 2 years embedded software development.
- Strong C programming and debugging skills (C++ preferred).
- Experience implementing Linux applications and daemons.
- Comfort using desktop Linux and open source tools for day-to-day development.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills with minimal supervision.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Understanding of vehicle navigation and/or infotainment systems.
- Python and robot framework for embedded firmware testing
- Open source project familiarity: Qt 5 / QML, embedded Yocto, BusyBox, systemd
- Familiarity with electrical design and troubleshooting.
- Ability to use test equipment/utilities: oscilloscope, digital multi-meter, Wireshark, etc.
- Protocols: 802.11, SDIO, J-1939
- Busses: D-Bus, I2C, SPI, CAN
- Linux kernel development
- D-Bus bindings in C or C++
- Embedded RTOS experience
- Familiarity with Qt/QML GUI development.
- Other duties as assigned.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.