A fast-growing contract electronics manufacturer in the NW metro has an exciting opening on their team for a Manufacturing Engineer. The individual in this role will be responsible for supporting processes, tooling, equipment and documentation necessary in the areas of Assembly, Soldering and Coating operations to build and deliver high quality products to their customers on time, while maintaining a level of profitability.
Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer:
- Defines and develops new processes, tooling, and equipment needed to support development activities and major cost reduction opportunities in a manner in which the projects are completed on time, capable of producing parts to customer specifications and to targeted costs.
- Participates in pre-production or pre-release reviews on all new jobs to support process development for production.
- Ensure that new and existing processes are safe, ergonomically friendly, and meet all State, Federal, and Environmental laws. Work areas are clean and well organized.
- Defines and provides accurate and user-friendly process documentation including routers, Work Instructions, MAP’s, Control Plans, FMEA’s, DFx studies and data records.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and minor preventative maintenance on equipment in department supported.
- Defines and develops process improvements focused on improving quality and reducing cost.
- Provides day to day support to production to meet their quality, on-time delivery, and cost goals, taking prompt action to resolve problems.
- Mentor and trains personnel in the use of tools, work techniques, and skills required in accomplishing their work assignments in order to meet all applicable quality standards, specs, and quoted objectives.
- Keeps Production Supervisor and Engineering Supervisor informed of progress in assigned areas, and reports any unique problems with recommendations as to their solutions.
- Supports the activities required to implement and maintain the company’s strategic objectives along with continuous improvement activities or cost reduction activities.
Requirements of the Manufacturing Engineer:
- Bachelor Degree in an Engineering field plus a minimum of 5 years related Manufacturing Engineering experience.
- Experience with Conformal Coating, Chassis Assembly, bond/seal/encapsulation, hardware applications, fixture design, APQP, experimental outlines, equipment/material evaluations (IQ, OQ, PQ) and other various through-hole arbor techniques is required.
- Experience in programming and operation of SMT pick and place machines, AOI, Asymtek, Laser, Flex Circuits and hand soldering are preferred.
- Experience in a low volume, high mix contract manufacturing industry as well as knowledge of military, aerospace and commercial specification and six-sigma/lean manufacturing are preferred.
- This person must be results oriented and have good communication skills.
- Will be required to pass J-STD, IPC-A-610, and IPC-620 certification.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.