We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer in the Alpharetta, GA area. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the layout and design of sheet metal, sheet metal enclosures, as well as various wiring, cabling, schematics associated with the assemblies.
• Interprets customer specifications to define requirements for mechanical design.
• Created layouts and design concepts for new products.
• Works’ hand and hand with hardware engineers to ensure proper placement and wiring of circuit card assemblies.
• Create BOM, work instructions, test procedures and product specifications.
• Creates cable drawings and wiring schematics.
• Generates ECNs and reviews the work of peers.
• Builds prototypes to validate designs.
• Selects components for various designs and generate the project cost.
• Bachelor’s in mechanical engineering preferred. (specific experience will be considered as well.)
• 2-5 years of relevant experience that include product design.
• Proficient with Solidworks or other 3D CAD software
• Some FEA, thermal / stress analysis would be ideal, but not required.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.