Mechanical Test Engineer
Great opportunity to join a top medical device company and be part of their new product growth team. This is a long-term contract position in Plymouth, MN.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Test Engineer:
- Designs, develops, and validates electromechanical product test tools of moderate complexity. These tools may include standard test methods, hardware fixtures, manual and automated electromechanical testing equipment, and data acquisition, data analysis, control, and reporting software.
- Demonstrates test method repeatability and reproducibility through GRR, MSA, and other analytical techniques.
- Involved in preparation of documentation for test development and product verification activities including plans, specifications, drawings, design descriptions, protocols, and reports.
- Performs assignments independently with limited supervision as to expected results.
- Supports product test execution activities and reports test anomalies for triage by the design team. Performs root cause investigation and participates in corrective actions.
- Analyzes technical data using appropriate statistical techniques and communicate outcomes through clear, concise reporting.
- Accurately predicts task effort and duration and keeps stakeholders up to date with status.
- Participates in continuous improvement of the organizational test and verification SOPs and tools.
Qualifications of the Mechanical Test Engineer:
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline.
- 0–3 years of experience
- Ability to design, develop, and validate manual or automated electromechanical tests and testing systems.
- Ability to support product test and verification activities.
- Good technical problem solving and analytical ability.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.