Great opportunity for a Packaging Engineer to join this top medical device company, to be part of their new product growth team. The Packaging Engineer position will be part of developing packaging parts for the medical device industry based in Miami, FL. Get in on the ground floor of this new team with this long-term contract to hire job.
RESPONSIBILITIES for Packing Engineer:
- Working with current package designs and exploring packaging and labeling technologies supporting a new development project.
- The engineer must have a solid foundation of packaging materials, fabrication processes, molding processes, ISTA and ASTM packaging test methods.
- The engineer will assist with coordinating the release of new and enhancements to existing product packaging; participates in design reviews, inspection processes; and participates in the resolution of packaging issues.
- The engineer will also be responsible for writing detailed package testing protocols, hands on with product pack-out for testing and cycling through different test sequences (environmental and distribution testing), and will be responsible for writing the final package test reports.
- Initiate or implement minor to moderate package design changes; test and verify changes; and release change in compliance with company standards.
- Adheres to technical standards and follows local and global packaging testing standards based on ASTM and ISTA test methods
- Hands on working with product in the lab moving through the test sequences. Capable of handling up to 50 pounds
REQUIREMENTS of Packaging Engineer
- BS in Engineering preferred
- Bar code labelling experience preferred
- IVDR stability testing experience highly preferred as well
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.