A well-known manufacturing company just north of the northern Minneapolis/St. Paul suburbs has an immediate opening on their team for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer. This contract to hire opportunity allows you to be part of a world-class team of individuals.
In the Senior Electrical Design Engineer role, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership and for performing activities pertaining with the planning, design, validation, manufacturing, and field support of worldwide off-road electrical/electronic systems and components from concept to production implementation. The primary area of focus will be on display/gauge, communication, and navigation systems for Polaris Off-Road and motorcycle vehicles.
Responsibilities of the Senior Electrical Design Engineer Include:
- Design and development of electronic sub-systems for on-vehicle digital display, RF communication, and GPS systems from concept to product release.
- Develop schematics, guide board layout designs, assemble, test, debug, and integrate designs into complex hardware systems.
- ECAD/EDA design, component specification, BOM generation and prototype development.
- Design and implement functional tests; create reports, fault finding and countermeasure to the component level.
- Evaluate, characterize, troubleshoot, and debug analog & digital electrical systems.
- Apply DFX principles to product designs.
- Assure product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Support quality initiatives to improve product performance and reliability through peer deign reviews, DFMEAs, PFMEAs, and DFMAs.
- Design and development of design validation/test capability.
- Documentation and engineering release for Production.
- Manufacturing support of electromechanical products and test fixtures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed
Required Skills of the Senior Electrical Design Engineer include:
- BS or MS in a related field with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
- Embedded system design experience
- Strong attention to detail with prioritization and follow-up skill.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills with minimal supervision.
- Experience, and demonstrated success, working in a team-based environment.
- Experience with electronic circuit and RF design and PCB layout tools.
- Ability to use electronic test equipment: oscilloscope, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer digital multi-meter, etc.
- Experience in programming/debugging embedded systems.
- Experience with the full product design cycle.
- RF and GPS circuit / system design experience.
- Systems design of outdoor digital devices.
- Test and design validation experience
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.