A fast-growing contract electronics manufacturer in the NW metro has an immediate opening on their team for a Senior Program Manager. The individual in this role will work with Sales, Program Management, Customer Service, Quality, Materials, Manufacturing and other functions to review and evaluate customer designs and documentation for the purpose of developing customer quote and New Product Implementation (NPI) packages. This individual will also utilize project management skills to ensure that winning quotes are successfully processed as NPI projects while meeting project schedule expectations and are ready for manufacturing through the creation and release of technical documentation including Part Numbers, Bill of Materials (BOMs), Product Routings, and Manufacturing Assembly Process (MAPs).
Job Duties of the Senior Program Engineer:
- Is the local subject matter expert for the product or technology to which they are assigned.
- Work closely with Sales personnel to help establish a line of direct communication (as may be required) with our customer for technical and business issues.
- Prepare routings and technical information for quotations when a formal proposal is required.
- Review projects to assure that the pricing, lead-time, quality concerns, etc. taken into consideration to achieve the best possible win ratio, prior to review/approval by the Management Team.
- Review customer drawings to best determine customer quality notes and flow downs to meet compliance requirements
- Provide technical leadership and engineering support to the Customer Focused Team (CFT) and operations as required.
- Establish and maintain ongoing communications with customers
- Establish and maintain ongoing communication and relationships with engineering focals at other Celestica divisions
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers, Technicians and Production Operators to support new product implementations into Manufacturing.
- Be the key point of contact for the initial runs of any NPI project and maintain communications between production, planning, quality, and program management as to any issues, schedule changes or program documentation updates which are needed. Perform red-lines and ECO updates as needed.
- Resolve engineering related issues affecting manufacturing. Implement containment actions, determine root cause, design and implement final corrective actions.
- Utilize Design For Manufacturing (DFM) software to provide early engineering evaluation of customer prototype / pre-release designs to ensure that they are optimized for manufacturing processes.
- Address product-related customer and quality issues and design enhancements to meet customer needs and to support cost reduction programs.
- Address electronic, electrical, and electro-mechanical component related issues. Work with Purchasing and component vendors to develop component specifications and alternate source requirements.
- Using manufacturing software, develop detailed drawings, routings, BOM’s, and tooling necessary to support the transfer of new products into production.
- Writes and Processes ECOs (Engineering Change Orders) and RFCs (Requests For Change).
Requirements of the Senior Program Engineer:
- Bachelor Degree in an Engineering field, preferred in Electrical Engineering with PCB Design experience. Masters Degree in an Engineering field, a plus.
- 5+ years related experience in Electronics Manufacturing environment
- Experience in new product quoting and process development.
- High aptitude for a variety of software including; CAD (AutoCad / SolidWorks), Valor DFM, MS Office and ERP (INFOR XA Powerlink) and other database applications.
- Experience in medical, aerospace, medical or automotive manufacturing preferred
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.