Great opportunity to join this top medical device company, to be part of their new product growth team. The Sr. Mechanical Test Engineer position will be part of developing parts for the medical industry based in Plymouth, MN. Get in on the ground floor of this new team/department with this long-term contract job.
Responsibilities of the Sr. Mechanical Test Engineeer:
• Designs, develops, and validates electromechanical product test tools of moderate complexity. These tools may include standard test methods, hardware fixtures, manual and automated electromechanical testing equipment, and data acquisition, data analysis, control, and reporting software.
• Demonstrates test method repeatability and reproducibility through GRR, MSA, and other analytical techniques.
• Involved in preparation of documentation for test development and product verification activities including plans, specifications, drawings, design descriptions, protocols, and reports.
• Performs assignments independently with limited supervision as to expected results.
• Supports product test execution activities and reports test anomalies for triage by the design team. Performs root cause investigation and participates in corrective actions.
• Analyzes technical data using appropriate statistical techniques and communicate outcomes through clear, concise reporting.
• Accurately predicts task effort and duration and keeps stakeholders up to date with status.
• Participates in continuous improvement of the organizational test and verification SOPs and tools.
• May serve as a mentor for interns.
Qualifications of the Sr. Mechanical Test Engineer:
• Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline.
• 5–8 years of experience or 3–6 years of experience with an advanced degree.
• Expertise designing and developing manual or automated electromechanical tests and testing systems.
• Expertise validating test methods, qualifying test systems, and validating test software.
• Experience supporting product test and verification activities.
• Experience supporting safety-critical product development in a regulated preferred.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.