Structural Engineer - Contract to Hire
We have a growing client in the Huntsville, AL seeking an experienced Structural Engineer to work on structural design and analysis of industrial projects.
- Ability to research and analyze data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design and application
- Carry out design calculations as directed by Project/Lead Engineers. Examples of these calculations are: Structural member sizing (concrete and steel), Retaining wall design, Foundation design (spread footings and piles), Wind/seismic load analysis, and Frame analysis
- Ability to carry out design calculations as directed by Project/Lead Engineers
- Ability to review drawings as assigned by the Project/Lead Engineers and mark or make corrections as noted
- Experience evaluating field installations and recommending design modifications to eliminate system malfunctions
- Experience performing preliminary analysis and feasibility studies
- Contact fabricators or suppliers to obtain pricing information.
- Ability to investigate and utilize applicable codes and standards such as the OSHA, AISC, ACI, ASCE, etc.
- Assist in defining engineering scope, budget and proposals
- Ability to scope a project for budgetary estimates and work closely with clients to develop relationships and future business opportunity
- Bachelor’s Degree Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering and 8-10 years of industrial experience
- Professional Engineering License
- Proficiency in RISA and Revit software
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.