Electrical Systems Engineer
We're currently partnering with a rapidly growing defense contractor in Huntsville who is looking to add a senior level Electrical Systems Engineer to their team. This Individual will be responsible for developing electrical designs, and working with operations teams on testing and analysis of the product.
- Lead the electrical design for ruggedized military processing solutions, including electromagnetic interference testing and platform system integration applying MIL-STD-464, and MIL-STD-704, and DO-254
- Fiber Optic cable design experience preferred
- MIL-STD-810 or DO-160 experience preferred
- Able to coordinate electrical and environmental testing to MIL-STD-461 MIL-STD-810 and DO-160.
- Able to develop aircraft Electrical Load Analysis (ELA) to MIL-E-7016F.
- Responsible for building, testing, and troubleshooting electrical/electronic circuitry and other systems used in finished equipment.
- Understand, utilize, and improve internal processes and tools for the development of new systems
- Collaborate with the lead project engineers, chief engineer, and engineering design teams to ensure that electrical systems meet the safety of flight needs and that the resulting product operates as intended.
- Develop electrical schematics and cable routing drawing for new and modified systems
- Support the electrical integration of equipment and associated aircraft modification tasks.
- Performs basic statistical analysis of results. Investigates, analyzes, repairs, and documents component or system level failures.
- Provide mentoring to junior electrical engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution and 3+ years of experience in a Electronics manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of electrical circuit design, analysis and troubleshooting using common lab equipment.
- Experience in the routing of all electrical provisions needed to cover platform power provisions and integration.
- Working knowledge of tools such as Solid Works, CATIA, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office Suite including the ability to mentor junior engineers in their use.
- Knowledge of SAE-AS50881 (Wiring Aerospace Vehicle) for electrical wiring of aircraft and TO 1-1A-14/TM 1-1500-323-24-1/NAVAIR 1-1A-505-1 (Harness Installation, Installation and Repair Practices for Aircraft Electric and Electronic Wiring) for standard practice concerning electrical wiring of aircraft.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.