Great opportunity for a Technical Writer to join this top medical device company, to be part of their new product growth team. The Technical Writer position will be part of developing parts for the Medical Device industry based in Chaska, MN. Get in on the ground floor of this department with this long-term contract job.
Designs, develops, formats, implements and manages technical writing and content creation to meet the demands to produce manuals and operational specifications, including the creation and maintenance of documentation for hardware and software user’s guides, service and electronic media including on-line help. Manages revisions of technical documentation and delivery of global labeling and content. Ensures integrity of data and document use, which may include customer data and quality and regulatory data following ISO standards to internal quality and production standards.
• Experienced technical writer with excellent project management skills, ensures quality and technical accuracy of content.
• Ensures content complies with regulatory requirements.
• Supports documentation change processes such as design control processes.
• Communicates project status and issues to Project and Core Teams, Project Management, Analysts, Technical Writers, Coordinators, and Management.
• Maintains electronic files.
• Submits project documents for approval.
• Reads, understands, and follows documentation and department procedures, including global procedures.
• Must have experience with DITA, topic-based authoring and CMS.
• Experience with guided user assistance or wizard-style help is a plus.
• Previous graphics experience is a plus.
• Experience with SDL TriSoft or TridionDocs, XLST and DITA is a plus.
• Experience with Agile Development process is a plus Soft Skills Qualifications:
• Excellent communication, organizational skills and project management skills.
• Must have experience with controlled or simplified English and writing in a regulated environment.
• Strong customer focus required. Education.
• Bachelor’s degree in field with 5+ years’ experience OR Master’s degree in field with 3+ years’ experience OR Doctoral degree in field with 0-2 years’ experience
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.