A contract electronics manufacturer in the NW metro has an immediate opening on their team for an Electronic Test Engineer. The Electrical/Electronic Test Engineer supports engineering, development and production activities as the technical resource of the electrical/electronic test and assembly areas. The individual in this role will be primarily responsible for designing and implementing production processes and procedures, tooling, equipment, and documentation. Additional responsibilities include troubleshooting as necessary to build/repair and deliver high quality products to our customers on time, while maintaining a level of profitability.
Job Duties of the Electronic Test Engineer:
- Acts as primary resource in the design and debug of electrical test fixtures and programs for Solder Paste Inspection, In-circuit, Automated Optical Inspection, Automated X-ray Inspection, flying probe and cable testing of electrical connectors and electronic assemblies. (Agilent 3070, Teradyne, Checksum, Seica, Acculogic experience a plus )
- Supports all automated test and inspection equipment in the facility through troubleshooting and setup activities. Experience in the use of CAD data (such as IPC 356A, Mentor, or GenCad) and translation software (such as Cam 350, Seica CAD Input, Xmatic, or MagicSuite) to generate and debug test programs is preferred.
- Lead and support Environmental Stress Screening (Vibration and Thermal Cycling)
- Works on product quote and product release teams as necessary. .
- Tests and troubleshoots electronic PTH/SMT assemblies as necessary to meet production and quality goals.
- Interface closely with customers, sales and design personnel as required defining, developing and quoting new products, tooling, test requirements and inspection parameters along with resolving any engineering or manufacturing issues.
- Will define criteria, development outline and perform new equipment evaluations and justifications as determined using the Technology Roadmap.
- Ensure that new and existing processes are safe, ergonomically friendly, and meet all State and Federal OSHA, and Environmental laws.
- Provide technical leadership of diverse engineering disciplines, project planning, and provide technical solutions to customer requirements including, but not limited to, ITAR/EAR/EAR99 classifications, communication for customer configurations, and ultimate program execution following contract award ensuring 100% compliance with the Departments of State and Commerce. Will also participate in ongoing team meetings to identify requirements, specifications, export classifications, timelines and customer expectations.
Requirements of the Electronic Test Engineer:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or Electrical Engineering with 3 to 5 years related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience generating full Test Plan quotations
- Previous Labview Experience preferred
- Experience in design and debugging of test fixtures
- Experience in the use of CAD/CAM data.
- Proven ability to improve quality and reduce costs
- Experience in developing new processes
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.