Are you looking for an assembly opportunity where you can be part of a growing team? Well regarded machine shop needs a dynamic Assembler to join their growing team in Minneapolis. This contract-to-hire position offers growth and a great benefits program.
The Assembler is responsible for producing and assembling machine parts according to specifications.
· Reads and follows blueprints, specifications, and other instructions in order to build and assemble parts, partially or completely, in an accurate and timely fashion.
· Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets, or other fasteners, using hand tools.
· May remove small quantities of metal with hand files and scrapers to produce fit between parts.
· May operate drill presses, punch presses, riveting machines or other mechanical devices to assist in assembly operation.
· May inspect and test assembly.
Required Skills and Education
· High School Diploma or equivalent GED
· 1-3 years of related experience
· Mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and to make metric system conversions
· Ability to read and understand blueprints
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.