Great opportunity for a Welder to join this top medical device company, to be part of their product growth team. The Welder/Assembly position will be part of developing parts for the Medical Device sector/industry based in Bartlett, TN. Get in on the ground floor of this team/department with this contract to hire job.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and machine drawings to determine specific welding requirements
- Manually guides electrode along weld line, maintaining arc length and speed of movement to form specified weldment.
- Welds in various forms as required by the print specifications, GTAW/TIG and Laser Welding.
- Operate metal finishing equipment: polishing belts and wheels.
- Metal finish customer product according to the customer specifications and EM specifications.
- Inspect, measure and test welded product.
- Determine whether product conforms to product specification.
- Follow ISO 13485 quality management system procedures.
- Follow EM safety procedures.
- Follow EM environmental procedures.
- Follow written and verbal directions from team leader/supervisor.
- Preventing damage, through carelessness, to the equipment or process used in the performance of the job.
- Work with all departments to provide assistance if needed.
- Assemble devices/articles/customer products (Instruments and Implants) according to the customer’s drawing specifications and EM specifications.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school
- 1-3 years work experience in GTAW/TIG or Laser welding; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Math Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, whole numbers and fractions in English and Metric System. Ability to use hand held calculator.
- Physical Skills: Ability to use standard measuring and testing devices such as but not limited to: calipers, micrometer, height gage, pin gage, radius gage, optical comparator, depth micrometer, etc.
- Ability to use hand tools such as but not limited to wrenches, screw driver, allen wrench, etc.
- Ability to read fairly complicated drawings and specifications.
- Working hours: Monday - Friday; 7 am to 3:30 pm
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.