Our client in Suwanee, Ga has an immediate opening for a CNC Programmer. The CNC Programmer creates new programs for new product manufacturing on CNC Lathes, Mills, Robots, and other misc equipment. Evaluating existing product processes/programs to identify opportunities to improve quality and efficiency. Support our team’s overall mission to continuously improve our quality, part cost, efficiency, lead-time, and delivery time. Keeps management updated on projects. Participates as a team member and leader on improvement projects. Communicates concerns and policies among management and team members. This person is a change agent spending the majority of time identifying and acting on improvements in the process, constantly driving improvement.
Temp to hire and full time
1st shift from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Pay rate ranges from $22.00/hr and above depending on experience.
- Analyze part drawings, sketches, and design data to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selecting cutting tools, and machine speeds and feeds, according to knowledge of machine shop processes. Perform debugging and testing of CNC programs in the machining lathes and mills.
- Develop and maintain CNC programs of lathes and mills using CAM system.
- Write instruction sheets and tool lists to guide set-up and operation of the lathes and mills.
- Perform cutting tools evaluations as well analyze tooling failures.
- Cycle Time Reduction: adjusting feed and speeds, wasted machine moves, and evaluation of better cutters.
- Work with machinist to take part in machine set-up on shop floor for all new processes
- Communicate, listen too team members input and challenges with the current operation. Facilitate team member communication across multiple jobs and machines.
- Having an overall vision of the flow of a part through a routing to understand how each step in the manufacturing will impact the upstream & downstream operations and overall quality.
- Manage the machine programs at machines & backups. Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair issues with machines.
- Responsible for all new product first programming & setup, first article checks, and new production process design.
- Understand how to read a part print, identify the Key Product Characteristics, understand the tolerances, and design a machine program that can product to that specification.
- Adjust machine CNC program based on results of Key Product Characteristic measurements, adjust to blueprint tolerance, enter zero & reference points, set tool registers & offsets.
- Create & manage setup sheets as they relate to the machine programs (work instructions programs and machine settings for each product¬)
- Perform studies to identify the constraint within a process or within a program. Then identify and implement improvements to that bottleneck step in the flow.
- Participate in LEAN Kaizen events for continuous improvement, safety improvements, 5S improvements. Perform safety & 5S audits, ensures company brand materials and physical working spaces meet and exceed company presentation standards.
- Must know Mastercam Programming
- Must know G & M Code Programming
- Must be able to read/interpret blueprints & CAD models of products, understand tolerances, transfer into machine data
- Ability to multitask and manage time between simultaneous projects
- Have high levels of organization, self-discipline, attention to detail, and follow Standard Work requirements
- Have great interpersonal communication skills, both in verbal & written forms
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.