Our client in Norcross, Ga has an immediate opening for a CNC Machinist for a temp-to-perm opportunity. If you are a Machinist looking for your next challenging career opportunity apply today!
Shift: 2nd Monday-Thursday 4PM-2AM
Pay Rate: $27 - $28 per hour
- Manufacture parts from engineering drawings and written and verbal instructions.
- Set up and operate standard and numerically control shop equipment according to approved methods and standards.
- Compile list of tooling equipment required to make parts per blueprint specifications.
- Develop program or edit files as required to make parts using blueprint data files and sketches from Engineering.
- Inspect finished product per blueprint specification to ensure integrity.
- Grind and/or sharpen standard, special, and form tools.
- Establish methods and procedures to produce parts efficiently.
- Design, develop, and maintain a variety of special or standard tooling and R&D parts using prototype drawings or sketches.
- Determine proper feed speeds and layout for production runs.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment and correct equipment malfunctions under minimum supervision.
- Maintain accurate logs of equipment status, production status, and minor problems providing some analysis and recommendations.
- Follow up on pending issues of equipment and/or parts and recommend solutions.
- Identify and solve programming errors and machine performance issues.
- Trains less experienced personnel.
- Two-year degree or machine tool technology courses, or education/experience equivalent
- Five to seven (5 – 7) years of machine equipment experience on standard machine tools including a minimum of one to two (1 – 2) years programming, set-up, and operation of CNC machines.
- Strong knowledge of machine shop mathematics, blueprints and drawings, use of machine speeds and feeds.
- Computer skills necessary for the use of Mastercam programming and editing of CNC equipment.
- Knowledge of products.
- Demonstrate leadership ability.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Basic PC skills.
If you, or someone you know may be interested in this position and would like to be considered immediately, please send your resume to us directly at: email@example.com.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.