Development Engineering Technician
1st or 2nd Shift
Contract to Hire
This individual will be responsible for assisting Product Development Engineers in prototyping, debugging, testing and documenting customer products and test equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up and troubleshooting of equipment and completion of required documentation.
- Assembly of electro-mechanical prototype equipment, including wire and fluidic/pneumatic routings to engineering documentation or instruction.
- Support planned and unplanned engineering equipment maintenance and repair in accordance with calibration requirements and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Simple to complex, light to heavy, equipment assembly per engineering documentation and guidance.
- Machine shop usage and maintenance – low complexity tools.
- New equipment installation and qualification under engineering guidance.
- Verification testing per test plans provided by and overseen by engineering.
- Provide hands-on troubleshooting and some problem solving support within development engineering as needed.
- Assist Development Engineers with revisions and improvements to build and test procedures.
- Expectation for this position requires ability to perform low to moderate complexity tasks with oversight.
- Good verbal and written skills. Good problem solving skills.
- High school diploma minimum – trade school experience in technology discipline a plus.
- 0-5 years of experience in a similar/related role within a development environment.
- Take direction from development engineers.
- Experience in use of MS Office tools preferred.
- Capable in the use of basic hand tools and test equipment.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. Occasional travel required.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.