Folding Machine Operator
Our client in Norcross, Ga has an immediate opening for a Folding Machine Operator. The Folding Machine Operator is responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operates, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machine. The folding machine operator is also responsible for inspecting components and making sure the parts meet specifications and make adjustments or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications. Set up and operate the folding machine in accordance with established Lockout Tag/out, JSA, policies and procedures and guidelines. Read and interpret blueprints and diagrams to select, the machine set-up positions. Make adjustments to machine setting to complete task accurately, according to work order specifications. This is a temp-to-hire opportunity.
- Ability to work in a fast-past high-speed environment, follow standardized work practice and adhere to safe work practices in this environment.
- Drive and operate a forklift when needed to move material.
- Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment start-up and operation on multiple pieces of machinery.
- Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production and minimal unplanned stops.
- Housekeeping must be maintained daily.
- Items produced must be entered in Steel Viking system each time a work order is complete.
- Experience as a machine operator is preferred. If employee has no experience operating a folding machine, training will be given before Operating Folding Machine.
- Knowledge of production procedures.
- Ability to read production work orders.
- Analytical skills.
- Attention to details.
- Physical stamina and strength must be able to stand/walk/bend/pivot for the majority of 8-11 hours per day, and-able to lift to 50 lbs.
- Physical stamina and strength must be able to turn and flip metal parts above shoulders as you form parts on the folding machine.
- Handle heavy equipment.
- 1st Monday-Friday 5AM-1:30PM or 6AM-2:30PM
- Pay rate is up to $18.00 ph depending on experience
If you, or someone you know may be interested in this position and would like to be considered immediately, please send your resume to us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.