Maintenance Technician III
Job Title: Maintenance Technician III
Job Summary: Our client in Duluth, GA has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Technician III. This is a full time and temp to hire position. Training on 1st shift for the first month.
2nd shift from Monday - Fridays 2:30 PM -11:00 PM.
Pay rate is $28.00/hr.
- Duties include the application of one or more craft skills, (i.e. mechanical, electrical, welding, pipe fitting & machining) to install, fabricate, troubleshoot, repair, move & maintain a wide variety of production & related equipment, facilities equipment, buildings and systems. Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains a wide variety of complex mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic equipment and systems such as motors, pumps, piping systems, conveyor systems, PLCs, production machinery and instrumentation equipment
- Installs new machinery and equipment and moves machinery and equipment to affect layout changes as required; work may include operations, such as rigging, moving, erecting, aligning, and making necessary hook-ups, placing equipment in proper operating condition
- Performs preventative maintenance activities of all types, including the most critical types requiring extensive dismantling, re-assemble, and critical adjustment, lubrication, and/or calibration
- Perform work neatly in accordance with the National Electrical Code.
- Modify documentation as necessary to reflect changes made to machinery whether temporary or permanent.
- Reads and maintains accessible blueprints, Schematics, wiring diagrams, technical manuals, ect.
- Tracks and records work history and maintains inventory on a daily basis using CMMS.
- Creates work orders for planned and unplanned work using computerized maintenance system.
- Work from drawings, sketches and verbal instructions.
- Daily inspections of production equipment for electrical safety and correct operation.
- Recommend improvements and upgrades to improve equipment operation.
- Work extended hours and on weekend as needed
- Must be familiar with PLC’s and electronic drives. Must be familiar with AC and DC motors and controls.
- Must be able to use necessary test equipment.
- Must have tools necessary to perform tasks associated with the position.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and interface with all departments.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work with a minimum of supervision.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- HS graduation or GED required.
- Associate Degree in Industrial Maintenance field; or an Associate Degree equivalent Must have (3) years of experience in industrial machine repair.
If you, or someone you know may be interested in this position and would like to be considered immediately, please send your resume to us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.