Material Handler Production
Our client located in Westborough, MA is looking for 1st shift Material Handlers/Assemblers on a Contract to Hire basis.
This position is a Contract to Hire opportunity under direct supervision, may perform duties in kitting, receiving, shipping, and other warehouse functions.
Responsibilities of the Material Handler:
- Distribution of materials, parts, supplies and equipment
- Unpack and check goods received against purchase orders or invoices
- Manual unloading or operating a forklift to move pallets and parts
- Accurate counting and verifying received material.
- Calculates totals and extends weights, volumes; enters or scans appropriate data into system.
- Moves materials to warehouse area.
- Reads, interprets and accurately retrieves material from warehouse for production use from released work orders.
- Prepares required shipping labels, addresses, documents and certifications.
- Maintain accurate records of received goods and rejecting unsatisfactory items when necessary
Requirements of the Material Handler:
- High School Diploma/GED/or equivalent experience preferred
- Knowledge of warehousing and material handling procedures preferred
- Good math skills and basic computer knowledge
- Read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be a self-starter