This role is responsible for conducting lab testing for mechanical, chemical and physical properties of metal parts as well as gear part receiving inspection and failure analyses, test report and documentation, technical support to both internal and external customers, conducting assigned R&D projects on new product or process development, providing support to lab daily operations, performing job duties per quality system requirements.
- Responsible for gear product receiving, production and warranty inspection, documentation and required analysis.
- Respond to both external and internal customer requests for lab testing and characterization of products.
- Review and document product specifications, and work with Materials Engineering Manager to recommend appropriate material and specification for the specific applications.
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing, Purchasing, Sales, Quality Control, and Warranty.
- Design, supervise and perform metallurgical, chemical and mechanical tests to evaluate product performance characteristics.
- Perform special R&D projects or duties as needed to support new products or new process development.
- Manage and order lab supplies for lab daily operations.
- Maintain awareness of technological advances in metallurgy and mechanical testing and exert leadership in the application of such technology.
- Use ISO Quality System documentation to help guide/direct daily quality activities.
- Engineering degree in Material Science, Metallurgy or Physics major preferred.
- Must be detail oriented & have diligent follow-up discipline & skills
- 1st Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.