We're currently working with a growing company with an innovative industrial product seeking a Production Planner to join their team. This is a long term position for the company, and will be brought on as a contract to hire employee. The production planner will need to be comfortable working with a smaller organization, take ownership of the production and materials planning aspects of the company and have a continuous improvement mindset.
- Maintain master production schedule (using Microsoft Projects
- Manage Lead times of various parts, adhesives, materials, components - On receipt of new orders evaluate possible delivery dates
- Issue daily work tasks to operative and monitor progress allocating resources such as overtime to keep projects on task with master schedule
- Procure timely arrival of project specific materials to suit tasks - liaise with engineering on material ordering who order some specialist material
- Monitor inventory and forecast such material to suit master production schedule commitment.
- Maintain high awareness and report on job task man hours versus estimated hours as a feedback loop to sales in terms of estimating accuracy, shop performance and profitability
- Predict potential resource bottlenecks and communicate with team for corrective action such as resource increase - material shortages etc
- 2+ years of production planning, buying or scheduling
- Excel / MS projects
- Enjoys detail administration, planning and interfacing with shop team on points of efficiency / motivation
- AS or BS in Engineering
- 1+ year in production, manufacturing, continuous improvement.
- Willing to own the planning portion while also getting the opportunity do work in a Production Engineering capacity:
- Continuous Improvement activities - Reviewing production methods: Standardization of custom parts and pre-manufacture parts, and identifying ways to improve efficiency, reduce waste / scrap, etc.. .
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.