Are you looking to work with a progressive company and a great management team and showcase your purchasing experience?
We are currently hiring in the Lowell area for a Purchasing agent with 1-2 years of experience within manufacturing.
Shift: Monday-Thursday with a flexible start time from 7:00AM-8:30AM - Friday 8:00AM-12:00PM
As the Purchasing Agent you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for ordering raw and production related materials.
- Analyze and support the tracking of vendor quality and delivery performance.
- Reviewing material requirements from customer prints and specifications
- Searching for optimum pricing and supplier lead-times
- Attend and serve as a liaison during production and scheduling related meetings.
- Obtain authorization and approval of purchasing documentation.
- Maintain and control purchase order records, including but not limited to
- Update the Shop Tech/E-2 computer system with supplier and purchasing information.
- Compliance with ISO 9001 Quality System Standard Operating Procedures
- Compliance with company safety policies and procedures
The Requirements for this role are:
- Associates Degree or equivalent
- 1 - 2 years purchasing experience required
- Working knowledge of machines and materials
- Working knowledge of supplier quality controls
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 quality system requirements.
A recognized leader in the staffing industry for the past 30 years, DAVIS Companies partners with top employers both locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. Being a ClearyRated, Best of Staffing Award recipient 7 years in a row for exceptional client and talent service means we make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. With offices in Marlborough, MA, Manchester, NH, Suwanee, GA, Minneapolis, MN, Vineland, NJ and Memphis, TN, we put great people to work at great companies.