Quality Assurance Tech
• Responsible for daily QA function within a food processing plant. Must be detail orientated and can perform various quality inspection duties, document results and assist in determining corrective action.
• Promote Quality and Food Safety awareness and commitment.
• Communicate and work with other departments to support Quality and Food Safety and continuous improvement programs related to the quality system. Support the development and delivery of training.
• Review and approve pre-operational sanitation checklists for Plant areas and equipment.
• Perform and approve ATP swab testing results prior to equipment being released to production.
• Perform operational food safety / sanitation checklist for Plant areas and equipment as required.
• Accurate documentation, interpretation of policies and implementation of plant programs is critical to the efficient operation of the plant. Coordination with the Plant Management on cGMPs, HACCP/Food Safety, Sanitation, Maintenance, plant operations, personnel issues and safety programs . Monitors production compliance to HACCP Plan.
• Monitor all areas of production to ensure specifications are met.
• Enforce cGMPs and safety regulations, conduct food safety and sanitation internal inspections, and participate in customer and third party audits.
• Submits work orders for Maintenance.
• 3-5 years food or beverage manufacturing QA experience working in a production environment
• Follow all company policies, cGMP, Food Safety, FDA, USDA, GFSI, FSMA, OHSA Safety regulations, QMS and SOP / SSOPs.
• Must have strong quality and food safety technical skills and problem solving / organizational skills (cGMPs, basic microbiology including swabbing, IPM, hygienic design, and sanitation).
• Must be able to read written Instruction, SOP, SSOP and write production quality reporting on documentation or in computer data base programs.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. and walk/stand throughout shift.
• Food and/or Beverage industry experience is necessary
• Fast learner, works well in a team environment, able to work unsupervised
• Believes customer satisfaction is a priority and therefore quality and safety must be upheld at all times
• Enjoys sharing quality / safety knowledge as a means of raising fellow employees knowledge
• Available to work on any shift and weekends and to work extended hours
• Other duties as assigned
• Work overtime as required
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.