Quality Assurance Technician
Job Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Location: Millville, NJ
Shift: 1st (6am-Finish) Weekends/Flexibility
The Quality Assurance Technician will be performing and overseeing quality assurance for a food manufacturing facility. Responsible for quality assurance, process control specifications and testing activities, and Food Safety & GMPs. Implements techniques and processes for testing and inspecting products and process controls. Conducts research and recommends appropriate changes in methods and procedures.
- GMPs, Food Safety & Sanitation activities.
- Perform quality testing and process control activities.
- Assist in developing standards, maintain and implement programs to improve quality.
- Assist in investigating customer complaints.
- Maintains appropriate Quality Systems. Assures compliance to in-house and/or external specifications and standards to include HACCP, Food Safety Guidelines and GMP’s.
- Actively contributes to the data collection, improvements to process, products and systems.
- Resolve non-conformance issues.
- Assist in writing and implementing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Responsible for inspecting and testing products.
- Participate in the day-to-day quality assurance of food products produced and shipped.
- Responsible for raw and packaging acceptance and quality monitoring.
- Monitor the HACCP Plan to ensure food safety
Skills & Requirements
- 1 -3 years’ experience in quality assurance in a food manufacturing plant required.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements a plus.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP and Food Safety.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Legible handwriting, attention to detail required
- Ability to operate standard lab equipment.
- Excellent time management and task prioritization abilities.
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)