Do you have a strong Quality and Inspection skills and are looking to showcase and expand your skills while working with a progressive company?
Well regarded manufacturing company in Taunton, MA is looking to add to their 1st shift team!
Shift: Monday – Friday, first shift hours
Contract to Hire
As the Quality Inspector you will be responsible for:
- Performs complete layout inspection by measuring dimensions, such as length, height, and distance, between reference points, using precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers dial indicator, and CMM, to ensure product meets specifications.
- Able to locate reference points on part and measure dimension such as angle, arc, and rdii, using combinations of aids, such as surface plate parallel bars, angle plates, gauge blocks, plug pins, V blocks, sine bars, precision measuring instruments such as height gage.
- Performs verification on Incoming, in-process, and outgoing products.
- Visually compares work pieces against one another asses/detect manufacturing variations in processes.
- Assists and/or trains operators on part visual acceptability, measurement and process procedures as required.
- Reports quality problems or findings to Quality Control Manager and follows up to ensure that corrective action has/will take place.
- Maintains record of inspections and prepares list of defects, interacts with other departments to ensure compliance with specification and to facilitate the acceptance of parts
Requirements to be successful in this role:
- Prior quality inspection experience within a manufacturing facility
- Experience using CMM
- Basic understanding of GD&T Principles
- Experience processing incoming/outgoing inspection
- High School Diploma/GED
- Dependable, organized, multi-tasker
- Must pass background check/drug test
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.