Are you looking for a Receiving Inspector opportunity where you can be part of a growing industry? Well regarded company in the contract electronics industry needs a dynamic Receiving Inspector to join a growing team. This temp to direct position offers growth and a great benefit program.
This position is responsible for sorting incoming shipments. They will stage the areas for the associates working on devices.
Key Responsibilities and End Results: (Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following):
• Ship & receive all available orders daily
• Maintain required paperwork i.e. cleaning logs, inventories, RGA’s, purchase orders, spreadsheets
• Handle requests for supplies
• Assist in handling customer service issues
• Computer literate, able to work with proprietary software system as well as vendor supplied systems
• Operate a forklift (will be trained upon acceptance of position)
• Ability to work, as needed, in other areas of production
• Able to work overtime as needed (including mandatory weekend overtime)
• Assist with training and qualifying other team members to perform a variety of processes and operations
• Commitment to building a positive culture
• Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned
• POLICIES: Know and follow policies and procedures and assure that direct reports know & follow policies & procedures related to work activities performed in area of responsibility
• TRAINING: Complete training in area of responsibility and assure that direct reports are trained in area of responsibility within allowed time-period. Training is required for changes in existing policies & procedures, for new assignments and for implementation of new policies & procedures. Complete required periodic re-training and assure that required periodic re-training takes place for direct reports in areas such as environmental health & safety
• SAFETY: Set standards for safe behavior. Recognize and reward safe behavior in others. Ensure that direct reports employ safe practices. Enforce safety policies & procedures. Evaluate staff member’s safety performance & insure that safety is a part of each direct report’s performance appraisal.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years warehouse or similar experience
- Prior experience in the medical device industry is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Great Plains
- Must pass MAPS test or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of FDA and ISO regulations preferred
- Willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Excellent hand and eye coordination/dexterity
- Ability to learn quickly and to identify, logically analyze and solve work-related problems
- Ability to learn overall understanding of process flow and resources within the organization
- Ability to function independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.