Our client in Norcross, Ga has an immediate opening for a Safety Coordinator. The Safety Coordinator will engage in variety of activities in a wide range of occupational safety and health (OSH) disciplines. Under the mentorship of the Manager, the Safety Coordinator will undertake projects directed at specific topics such as equipment safety, industrial hygiene, occupational ergonomics, training & education. The goal of the Safety Coordinator is to foster and support a safe and healthy workplace by minimizing job- related accidents.
- Works with management to develop or revise safety programs.
- Chairs the Safety Committee.
- Lock out tag out (LOTO) implementation and maintenance of program
- Create, review and update hazard assessments.
- Regularly inspects facility operations to ensure that safe job practices are followed, and protective equipment is properly utilized. Ensure all routine safety inspections are completed on time.
- Investigates and facilitates the investigation of all accidents and near miss occurrences, identifies trends and causes and ensures that corrective measures are implemented.
- Conducts new hire training and ensures new employees understand safety practices and policies; provides training to employees on the safe and appropriate operation of machinery and equipment; provides training to contractors and temporary employees as needed.
- Ensures the facility maintains the proper number of personnel trained in first aid and CPR and that required level of safety and medical supplies are maintained in inventory.
- Maintain chemical inventory and SDS sheets.
- Conducts and certifies all forklift training.
- Monitors facility hearing conservation program.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve/increase associate awareness of Safety and Health.
- Keep records of safety-related incidents and propose corrective actions.
- Develop program reporting metrics.
- Responsible for addressing questions related to Safety programs in audits.
- Performs all other related duties as required.
- Prior direct experience in a Safety Coordinator role, or something very closely related, in a manufacturing environment.
- In-depth knowledge of OSH guidelines and practices, federal and state requirements.
- Experience in implementing OSH training programs, 5s or 6s, and Kaizen background.
- Strong personal protective (PPE) knowledge
If you, or someone you know may be interested in this position and would like to be considered immediately, please send your resume to us directly at: email@example.com.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.