Our client located in Concord, MA is looking for a Technician to join their team on a 1st shift, temp to hire basis.
Our client specializes in the design and manufactures high performance industrial infrared pyrometers which are sold to process industries all over the world. This includes the steel, automotive, and petrochemical industries. To support the growth of sales, they are adding new people to our production team. Their philosophy is to train people for each position, and then expand their responsibilities to meet the requirements of the production team.
The primary responsibility of this technician position is to build and service infrared pyrometers by inspecting, testing, and calibrating units to the specifications of each work order. Essential job responsibilities include:
- For new orders, configure, sight, and calibrate new pyrometers per work order specifications. This requires the use of volt meters, oscilloscopes, and a windows bases laptop.
- For service orders, perform visual inspection, system test, and repair services per work order instructions.
- Complete documentation of test results.
- Assemble mechanical accessories and prepare unit for final inspection.
- 2+ years of related work experience in an industrial environment
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational training, associate degree courses in a technical field, military experience with electronics are all a plus.
- Ability to communicate in English and work effectively as part of the production team
- Familiarity with electrical components, printed circuit boards, and assembly documentation
- Experience working with soldering equipment, machine shop tools, oscilloscopes, and volt meters
- Experience working with windows based PC applications.
- An ability to multi-task and be flexible to adjust to changing priorities with the production schedule
- An ability to learn and apply new skills in order to learn all of the different technician tasks
- A commitment to quality work, meeting deadlines, and doing things right