Tool and Die Repair Technician:
We are currently seeking a skilled Tool and Die Technician in the North Georgia area. This is a great opportunity to join a well-established manufacturer. This person will be responsible for PM, repair, and change overs of tools, dies, and jigs. This is a contract to hire opportunity.
2nd shift: 1 pm – 11:30 pm Mon.-Thur. OT as needed.
Pay Rate: $23+ DOE
- Setup all blade dies, and utility press dies.
- Change over dies in tool room; take dies apart and change out details to run a variety of different parts.
- Make decisions as to fits, finishes, machining and assembly sequences, maintaining close tolerances,
- Interact with shop floor computer terminals to record time and production activities.
- Trouble shoot operating problems with tools and dies, determine appropriate action, and make repairs.
- Disassemble worn or damaged die, determine extent of wear or damage, repair, replace, adjust, prepare and tryout die.
- Operate a wide range of machine and bench operations relating to servicing and repairing tools and dies.
- Alter and repair a variety of tools, templates, and dies including blanking, piercing, bending, forming, drawing and other stamping dies; welding, drilling and assembly templates, jigs, and fixtures.
- Perform difficult bench work involving filing, grinding, lapping, fitting, and polishing.
- Use calipers, micrometers, verniers, comparator, and other precision measuring instruments to maintain close tolerances.
- Visualize finished job and make necessary mathematical calculations and select allowances for lapping, grinding, finishing, and fitting.
- Report blueprint errors such as improper dimensions to supervision.
- Suggest changes to dies or parts that will improve performance or eliminate waste.
- Assist with die setting at presses.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Great communication skills.
- Self-starter and strong work ethic.
If you, or someone you know may be interested in this position and would like to be considered immediately, please send your resume to us directly at: email@example.com.