Welding Quality Inspector - Alpharetta, GA
We are currently seeking a Quality Inspector for our client located in the Greater Atlanta area. This is a contract to hire opportunity with a growing client. The inspector will be responsible of inspecting welds in the weld department.
Shift: 6AM-2:30PM Monday – Friday
Pay rate: 20+ DOE
- Assist in maintaining and developing the inspection program.
- Perform in-process inspections including dimensional verification and coating inspections; perform additional product testing as required; maintain records of inspections and results. Verify finished product’s dimensions and their conformance with drawings, work order specifications.
- Visual Inspection of welded joints (weld size, bead formation, weld penetration) of work in progress and of completed units for compliance and perform visual examination of welded joint to detect flaws (cracks, cold weld, spatter, and undercuts) using flashlight and magnifying glass.
- Assist with calibration of all inspection instruments and gauges and update records.
- Perform required product testing and photograph/document results.
- Assist with the training of production employees.
- Communicate and interact with shift supervisors, operations manager, engineering, and other quality personnel about quality related issues.
- High School Diploma
- Experience with MIG, TIG, and spot welding
- Must know weld symbols and procedures.
- Experience in a manufacturing/steel fabrication environment required.
- Computer literacy of Microsoft Windows software such as Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Working knowledge of arc welding processes for carbon, stainless and alloy metals preferred.
- Familiarity with liquid and powder type coatings preferred.
- Familiarity with ASTM specifications, AWWA standards and AWS/ASME welding codes desired.
- Good understanding of shop math (fraction to decimal) and ability to read tape measure, and measuring tools (caliper, micrometers) preferred.
If you, or someone you know may be interested in this position and would like to be considered immediately, please send your resume to us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.