My client in the Gwinnett County area is searching for a motivated Buyer to be responsible for meeting the sourcing needs of the business by providing quality materials delivered on time at the lowest total cost of ownership. This position is slated for a six (6) month W-2 contract-to-permanent role in our Purchasing department.
- Manages $2M - $5M annual purchases
- Performs strategic sourcing of assigned commodities. Manages assigned supply base to include negotiations, renewal of agreements and assisting suppliers in problem solving and tracking.
- Drives supply base performance improvement by supporting the development and implementation of strategies to improve quality, delivery and lead time reduction
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the movement of materials through the sales cycle to accurately forecast future production plans
- Implement cost reductions from $25,000 - $75,000 annually
- Develops and maintains metrics in all supply chain processes
- Articulates key issues to supply base contacts and their management, while taking a leadership role implementation of proposed solutions
- Negotiates many aspects of contracts with key supply base contacts
- Assume a lead role in specific aspects of at least 3 improvement projects annually
- Complies with ISO 9001 procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BA/BS in Business or Operations Management or education/experience equivalent from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been acquired.
If you are interested in learning more about this full time Buyer job opening please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4-6 years purchasing experience in a MANUFACTURING environment
- Electronics and/or mechanical procurement preferred
- Experience working and interfacing with suppliers, manufacturing, inventory, management, quality and engineering
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.