A fast-growing technical instruments manufacturing company has an immediate opening on their team for an Marketing Specialist. This is a contract to hire opportunity located in Brea, CA.
Role of the Marketing Specialist includes:
- Prepares and processes requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement of goods, services and supplies for customer-related business processes or for internal use.
- Products are purchased from key suppliers or from our global distribution centers.
- Execution of the purchasing function is done via systematic trigger points or to a forecast.
- The Buyer may be responsible for analyzing inventory trends, aiding in the generation of key reports and metrics, proposing and driving ongoing supplier optimization and continuous process improvements.
Responsibilities of the Marketing Specialist includes:
- Purchase order and supplier management.
- Re-order point and forecast purchasing execution.
- Daily backorder review and management.
- Providing and/or analyzing inventory reports/metrics.
- Resolve supply issues by working with in-house partners and/or suppliers.
- Shelf life management (if applicable).
- Minimize scrap due to age and obsolescence.
- Processing vendor returns and resolving inbound supplier issues.
- Engineering Change Order (ECO) review and implementation.
- Various additional tasks assigned by the manager from time to time.
- Experience with Oracle Planning/Procurement.
- Purchasing experience in a manufacturing or service spares distribution role.
- Knowledge and skills acquired through the successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree (B.A or B.S.) or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years previous purchasing experience required.
- APICS certification or training preferred.
- Very proficient experience In Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.