A fast-growing biomedical company in the southern Twin Cities metro has an immediate opening on their team for a contract-to-hire Development Scientist.
The Development Scientist assists in the evaluation and implementation of new technologies. The incumbent performs experiments as defined and planned by supervisor; reviews test results for experimental error and determines if repeats are required; participates in planning studies for the development, evaluation and optimization of assay(s); maintains well organized laboratory notebooks in compliance with relevant procedures; and supports post-launch to resolve performance and/or quality issues. The position will involve assisting in the evaluation and implementation of protein chemistries new and existing across all platforms.
Responsibilities of the Development Scientist:
- Reviewing the test results for experimental error and determines if repeats are required.
- The Development Scientist will participate in planning studies for development, optimization, and failure investigations of protein assay(s); maintain well organized laboratory notebooks in compliance with relevant procedures, and support post-launch (MRB) to resolve performance and/or quality issues for our protein/serology immunoassay chemistries.
- Protocol writing, Protocol execution, Instrument operation and understanding of its functioning, Statistical Data Analysis, Report writing, Failure investigations, Presentation of Results, Instrument maintenance.
Requirements of the Development Scientist:
- B.S. with 2+ years experience in Laboratory experience.
- Working with automated instruments and/or immunoassay experience preferred.
- Good laboratory technique with some analytical expertise. Strong communication skills with the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a rapidly changing task environment and with variety of tasks.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.