Great opportunity for a Software Development Engineer to join this top medical device company, to be part of their new product growth team. The Software Development Engineer position will be part of developing and programming parts in C++ for the medical device company based in Plymouth.
Responsibilities for the Software Development Engineer are:
Main responsibility is a C++ developer for a medical drug pump.
- Develops high quality software code to meet requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of modern C++.
- Familiarity with developing software for a hardware/electrical device.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in a hardware, software, and mechanical environment.
- Performs software design for new software systems.
- Writes design specifications and related documentation for the software process.
- Able to troubleshoot hardware and software designs for problems or errors.
- Institutes targeted software tests to ensure proper software function.
- Provides suggestions for ways to improve code and development processes.
- Addresses, troubleshoots, and resolves problems.
- Works within the Agile framework to deliver high-quality software product.
Qualifications for the Software Development Engineer are:
- University Degree (BS degree) required. 4 year degree in software engineering (or related engineering) with 9-13 years of experience, or 5-9 years with an advanced graduate degree.
- Experience in regulated industry such as medical, aerospace, or defense.
- Applies extensive technical expertise in the software engineering field and has full knowledge of other related engineering disciplines.
- Skilled software developer able to write high quality code under minimal supervision.
- Ability to plan and conduct effective technical meetings and presentations.
- Ability and willingness to drive change – changes in process, procedure, technology, and culture.
- Proven ability to mentor other engineers in technical matters. Ability to clearly convey ideas and concepts verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and to meet key deadlines under pressure through effective time management skills.
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail. Ability to create, review, and interpret technical documentation including design and hardware specifications.
- Advanced problem solving skills. Ability to work with integrity and build trust.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.