Do you have International Logistics experience and are looking for a great new opportunity? A logistics company, which is an essential business, is looking to add a full-time International Shipping Coordinator to their team! This is a full-time temp to hire opportunity
International Shipping Coordinator
- Perform audits on orders currently palletized to ensure accuracy.
- Has a complete understanding of the KPI’s for the International shipping group.
- Assist in providing direction and supervising the work of the International shipping group.
- Responsible for calling freight forwarders and coordinating pick up for all International shipments.
- Trained on all Fork trucks and Order Selectors to select products for shipping.
- As required, complete the daily Fork truck Inspection document.
- Operate the LTL workstation and generate all shipping documents for International shipments (bill of lading, packing list, and pallet markers).
- As required, over pack, palletize and stretch wrap products for shipment.
- Record shipping details (weight, cases shipped, number of pallets, etc.) on the shipping documentation
- Prepare documentation packages for international shipments.
- Ensure shipments are correctly processed through the Automated Export System (on-line U.S. Customs system).
- The International Shipping Coordinator’s primary responsibility shall be to perform all clerical functions related to the shipment of International orders.
- This position impacts departmental operations through involvement in quality and efficiency improvement efforts.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to accurately communicate with internal and external customers, including all team members to ensure a team environment (interpersonal communication skills).
- Competent math skills and legible handwriting are a requirement.
- The International Shipping Coordinator shall have a high school diploma (or GED).
- This person shall be trained on the proper operation of each piece of equipment prior to unsupervised operation.
- This person will be trained on the various ISO procedures that are followed to ship product to customers or to transfer product.
- This person shall be trained on all functions of the Company’s primary business system that are applicable to the position of Shipping Coordinator.
- Previous material handling experience is a plus.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and to talk and hear.
- While performing this job, an employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
Mon - Fri; 6 am to 5 pm
$17 / hour
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.